Gymnasiet - Forum

2016-04-26 20:29   Jackson

I am 16 years old and I have been living in Sweden for 8 months. I come from a country that is a member in EU. I want to go to continue my study, after 9th grade, in ''Högskoleförberedande program- teknikprogrammet'', but I am uneasy that I will not get marks at all the school subjects, because I haven't been studying there for a long time and I don't speak swedish very good. I have marks at almost all the subjects that I study now, from my study in my home country, and my question is: ''Can I use my marks (six-level system ''2-6'') from the country I come from and if I can do that, where should I show the documents for my marks that I have had until the end of 8th grade? I hope to receive a certain answer soon, because I need to take a decision. Thank you in advance!

RE: Gymnasiet
2016-04-29 15:03   Anders, SYV

Hello,

In order to study at teknikprogrammet, you need a passing grade in 12 subjects, including Swedish, mathematics, English, biology, chemistry and physics. If you want to validate the knowledge you already have gained in school, then you should speak with a guidance counsellor at your school who can help you with this validation or who knows someone who can. It is hard to answer if the marks you already have are possible to use or not, they need to be looked at and then decided about if they can be validated or not.

Furthermore, I want to mention that you can apply to the gymnasium until the year you turn 20 so if you don’t have all the marks you need at the moment, then there is still time for you to stay in school and get them there.

Good look in your future studies // Anders, SYV

2016-04-29 21:35   Jackson

Thank You!

2016-07-03 18:54   Lynx

You can also go "SPRINT" at Rosendalsgymnasiet, it's an education for people who can't speak Swedish so good, and it's still a program in high school that give you the possibility to keep study or work afterwards.

But it seems like you really want to go "teknik" so...

Så funkar det

Hitta en gymnasieskola du är intresserad av

Gör en intresseanmälan

Skolan kontaktar dig med mer information